Tuesday 20 April 2010

Tattoos







"Tattoos have always held some significance in rituals and traditions. Throughout history tattoos have signified membership in a clan or society."

http://www.powerverbs.com/tattooyou/history.htm

Some people relate to them as a piece of artwork or symbol, others have them as a way of expressing their inner self.

My own opinion of tattoos is that they are personal, I do like them and am aware of the bad tattoos but I can also appreciate the artwork and creativity of a good quality tattoo. Yes I have got one on my lower back, it has a personal meaning and symbolises my three children, although it hurt to have it done I do not regret having it.





However there are still a large percentage of people who are disgusted by tattoos, and there is still a stigma associating them with people who are lower class, uneducated and criminals. This reflects our ability to be judgemental about appearances.

If people could just get over that stigma, I'm sure they could appreciate the artistic side and effort that has gone into the design and skill of producing a good quality tattoo.


http://www.ritual-art-tattoo.com/index.php?option=frontpage&Itemid=1

No comments:

Post a Comment